I have caved and bought myself some Nike’s. I know, how horrible. But i put my reasoning foot forward and here are my rebuttals.
1. Sneakers/ runners are well adjusted for physical exercise. Exercise: something i have been telling myself to do since my New Years resolution in 2009.
2. They are black, not neon. Therefore i will not be partaking in any Pinterest, Instagram filtered nonsense with a side of green juice in a mason jar and beach yoga.
3. I will not suddenly be overcome with the lightness of being and find life wonderful, travel and post inspiration quotes about running everywhere and piss off my friends working 9-5 in dark offices.
4. I have never owned a piece of Nike footwear. This one is honestly a shit excuse because in no way in hell am i ever going to own a thread from a Versace dress or a Louis Vuitton bag that’s not spelt incorrectly.
5. Running out of excuses but they’re supposedly very comfy.
6. The sneaker trend has created a window for versatility so that i am no longer in fear of looking like those women in suits who wear their dirty sneakers on the train to work “for comfort”, stahp, wear flats.
7. At least i didn’t opt for chunky ghetto sneakers with a wedge heel imbedded inside or a floral neon green teddy bear head stitched onto the tongue. (Although lets admit it would’ve been sweet)
I’m going to admit that i had not watched this show when it arrived on the doorsteps of ABC2 last year and won a bunch of noteworthy awards. I’ll also admit i watched the entire season (6 episodes), on abc’s i view in one sitting… twice…. on the day season 2 premiered.
As per positive review, If you’ve never seen this show you should go see it. It’s a beautiful concoction of family, friends, shy awkward love and feelings that i’m sure every person has gone through, felt, or left to shrivel and be forgotten in a ditch at some time in their youth. I’m dismissing any attempt to analyse every nook and cranny of the show. If that’s what you’re looking for you may need to look elsewhere. Just google it, i’m sure there’s people out there that enjoy being unusually informative and judgemental of something they didn’t help create.
I’m just here to tell you how smitten i am over their house, the roommates, their friends, their friendship, of how attractive they all are.
What is this? This isn’t real life, GTFO.
side note: Is it weird to see Claire (Caitlin Stasey from The Sleepover Club) and Jenny (Charlotte Nicdao who i only know from Gurls Wurld) as Tom’s love interests and talk about sex and vagina’s and stuff when it was like last week that they were wearing overalls and had curfew? no? just me? ok. lets move on.
I watch youtube videos of 15 year old girls doing fashion hauls for clothes they never paid for and i get excited over frozen mangos and recipes for Date Milk. I’m a bit obsessed with the colour green, like green nail polish and green tea lattes. I stumbled upon Charlie’s green spirulina whole fruit smoothies from Coles or Woolies, and i took home palettes of fresh strawberries to snack on just because. I also got this Hammamas travel/ beach towel in lime green for travelling and advertising tells me i can have as much fun as these kids with my Hammamas. *thumbs up*